How to Report
What to Report
- Birth related injuries
- Death, especially if unexpected
- Deformity, disfigurement or disabilities
- Demands for money
- Disputes among healthcare providers or the hospital staff
- Legal papers that name you or your practice
- Severe injury – sensory, neurologic, paralysis, organ damage
- Unanticipated adverse outcomes
- Verbal or written threats or complaints
These incidents are among the leading causes of claims, even in the absence of negligence.
Steps to Reporting
Step 1 Safeguard your medical record. Make no changes whatsoever. Keep all correspondence from us in a separate file, not the patient record. Do not release the record without proper authorization. Call us if you have any questions.
Step 2 Report a claim to our Altor National Claims Hotline at 844.44.ALTOR (844.442.5867) or by Fax 833.200.6146, Attn: Claims Department.
Step 3 An Altor National claim representative will respond to you within one business day to obtain all of the pertinent information.
Step 4 A claim representative will walk you through the event from beginning to end and will be available to answer any questions you may have.
Step 5 Should you need, Altor National will assign an attorney who will contact you directly. This attorney, along with your Altor National Representative, will counsel and assist you throughout the entire claims process.